Dev 1.04 | Sprint 4 [11.26.2020–12.17.2020]
After incorporating our lessons from our third development sprint, we jumped into our fourth development sprint.
Team: 5 Developers (part-time)
For this next sprint, we continued building our re-usable components from our atomic design system.
- Molecules | Cards
- Molecules | Checkout Components
- Molecules | Image + Info
- Molecules | Dropdown
- Organism | Navigation Bars
- There are components that have dependencies on each other. A quick brainstorm of major components during sprint planning helps to identify dependencies and how to best distribute tasks.
- To more accurately map out product schedule and better distribute tasks, our team adopted a scrum point weighting system that helps us gauge how long each task will take.
- 1 = 1 hour
- 2 = 2-4 hours (~ half-day)
- 3 = 5-8 hours (~ 1 day)
- 5 = 9-15 hours
- 8 = 15+ hours
- To weight each task, we sat down with each designer/developer to get their thoughts on how long each task would take, and we then assigned the task the highest weighted score.
Improvements for Next Sprint:
- Communicate and respond to blockers ASAP.
- Leverage scrum point weight system to better distribute tasks in future sprints based on team bandwith.
With our fourth sprint complete, we move onto our fifth sprint!