Team: 5 Developers (part-time)
For this next sprint, our developers continued building our initial front-end pages. In addition, we created our initial schema on MongoDB.
- Page | Landing Page
- Page | Project Overview
- Page | Project Roadmap
- Page | Project Task Page
- Page | Volunteer Task Flow
- Back-end Set-Up
- Fortunately and unfortunately, three of our developers received full-time offers so they needed to step back from this sprint. We were able to find one additional back-end developer to support, but still need to look for more developers in order to maintain momentum for launch.
- Our team decided to use MongoDB because it is what our new back-end developer is familiar with, and it will give us the flexibility we need as a startup that is constantly learning/iterating.
- As our developers were building the pages, our team learned that we did not properly set breakpoints in the transition between web to mobile. We need to be more mindful and intentional with where these breakpoints are in our future designs.
Improvements for Next Sprint:
- Communicate and respond to blockers ASAP.
- Quicker PR Reviews.
- Find more developers to support.
- Keep breakpoints in mind for future designs.
With our sixth sprint complete, we move onto our seventh sprint!